Sue Young Cancer Support
Sue Young Cancer Support provides excellent service and support to cancer patients from the communities of Leicestershire and Rutland from the time a diagnosis is made. Lots of local and national cancer charities focus solely on the patient, sometimes forgetting that the diagnosis has a huge effect on family members and carers too. Sue Young Cancer Support extends support in all services to family members and carers, providing a lifeline during a time of emotional and physical upheaval for all concerned.
We rely on support from donations and fundraising but also from volunteers, who offer their valuable time, skills and expertise to make a difference to cancer patients in the local community.
We would not be able to offer many of the services we do without the kind and generous support of our volunteers, so we are always looking for more volunteers to join our team and assist us with our work. Volunteers are always needed in the following areas.
- Complementary Therapy (You must be qualified)
- Counselling Services (you must be qualified or in training – counsellors and/or supervisors)
- Group Support (usually once a month)
- Reception-administrative/data input
- Fundraising/Can collecting/Assistance at event
- General help and support as determined by specific projects
What we ask for:
- Reliability – it is important that our clients can rely on you to be there when you say or that you give appropriate notice when you are unable to attend
- Relevant documentation for qualified positions
- A willingness to undergo an initial induction
In return you will:
- Receive out of pocket expenses as according to our Expenses Policy
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- Enhance your CV
- Have references for future employment, training or other voluntary work
- Have the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life
- Gain training opportunities
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Be recognised for your achievements at our Volunteer Thank You Evening
Volunteering at Sue Young Cancer Support is very rewarding and there is no doubt that your assistance, however small will make a difference to cancer patients and their families in the local community affected by cancer.
For more information please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 223 0055 to express an interest and ask for a volunteer application form. Alternatively you can find us at Helen Webb House, 35 Westleigh Road, Leicester, LE3 0HH where you can pop in for a chat to find out more information.
Whatever assistance you can offer us, whether once a year, evenings or weekends or a regular monthly commitment, will be greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing from you.